The Fischer-Smith Legacy award honors the generosity of a person or organization for financial contributions and volunteerism that demonstrates outstanding civic and charitable responsibility. Ideally, the recipient of this prestigious award will have encouraged others to have a philanthropic heart for the community.
Nomination & Selection Process
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- Nominees will receive a letter from the Southeast Health Foundation upon receipt of the nomination.
- Letter will include information about the nomination and the selection process.
- Recipients will be selected by a panel comprised of the Southeast Health Foundation’s Executive Committee and a representative apiece from the Fischer and Smith families.
- Recipients will be notified by letter prior to the public announcement.
- Award nominations and supporting materials must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023. Mail or submit nominations and materials to the Southeast Health Foundation, 1922 Fairview Ave., Dothan, Alabama 36301 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations will be considered in the year submitted, plus the following year.
- The selection panel will review and score all nominations according to the criteria.
- Nominee Narrative (500 word max, 0 – 75 points)
- One letter of support (not authored by the nominator, 0-10 points)
- Second letter of support (not authored by the nominator, 0-10 point)
- Additional supporting documents (0-5 points)
ALL DECISIONS OF THE SELECTION COMMITTEE ARE FINAL.
- The committee will review and score nominations the first week of April. The executive committee will meet on Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 11:30 a.m. to score nominations.
- Family will be invited to attend this Executive Committee meeting.
- Southeast Health Foundation will notify the nominees of the results via letter by April 28, 2023.
- Public announcement of recipient by May 1, 2023
- Marketing will begin May 1, 2023