The Walter Scott Foundation continues to financially assist Southeast Health nurses in attaining their advanced nursing degrees or team members who wants to become a nurse.
This marks the sixth year the Walter Scott Foundation is offering nursing scholarships. The Foundation has graciously provided a $100,000 grant to the Southeast Health Foundation to fund the scholarships.
“The Walter Scott Foundation scholarships provide a wonderful opportunity for any of our team members to pursue a nursing degree or to earn an advanced nursing degree,” said Melissa Owens, Chief Nursing Officer and vice president of Patient Care Services at Southeast Health. “This scholarship allows us to retain talented nurses by investing in their futures, as well as giving those who want to go into nursing a financial hand to get started.”
The application to apply for the Walter Scott Scholarship can be found on Inside Southeast Health. Once the applications are reviewed, scholarship semi-finalists may participate in an interview with the Walter Scott Foundation Nursing Scholarship Committee. Deadline to submit an application is May 31, 2022.
- Recipient must be an Alabama resident
- Recipient must be a full or part-time employee of Southeast Health
- Recipient must be pursuing a degree in nursing
- Recipient must be willing to sign a one (1) year commitment to continue working at Southeast Health at the conclusion of his/her studies.
- Recipient must have and/or maintain a 3.3 GPA and provide evidence of such
- Recipient must complete application including a 350-word essay on why they are deserving of a scholarship, and submit a letter of recommendation.
Please submit the following criteria with your scholarship application:
- Proof of applicant’s enrollment in nursing degree program
- Essay on why the applicant should be selected for the scholarship and how the applicant has demonstrated commitment to Southeast Health
- Letter of recommendation.
- Download application here.
Scholarship applications will be available online in March of 2022. For questions, please email Amy Bunting or call 334-673-4150.