Scholarships are available to Southeast Health employees interested in pursuing an advanced degree in nursing. The application process for the scholarships opens in March each year with a deadline of May 31 each year.
This is the third year the scholarships have been made available from the Southeast Health Foundation through the generosity of the Walter Scott Foundation. Applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Recipient must be an Alabama resident
- Recipient must be a full or part-time employee of Southeast Health
- Recipient must be pursuing a degree in nursing
- Recipient must be willing to sign a one (1) year commitment to continue working at Southeast Health at the conclusion of his/her studies.
- Recipient must have and/or maintain a 3.3 GPA and provide evidence of such
- Recipient must complete application and include a 350 word essay on why they are deserving of scholarship
Scholarship applications will be available online in March of 2020. For questions, please email Amy Bunting or call 334-673-4150.